Outlook 2010 setup
This guide assumes that you know your email address and password. To find these, you must log in to My page, where you will find your email addresses under Altibox self service. Good luck!
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Click "Add Account" under Information in the File tab.
- Choose "Configure server settings or more server types manually".
- Choose "Internet e-mail".
- Enter your full name.
- Enter your e-mail address.
- Lyse recommends IMAP as account type.
- Set the server for incoming e-mail to pop.altibox.no (this also works as IMAP even though 'pop' is included in the address).
- Set the server for outgoing e-mail to smtp.altibox.no.
- Enter your email address as the user name.
- Enter your password.
- Check "Remember password" if you don't want to enter it every time you read e-mail.
- Choose "More settings…" before clicking Next!
- Choose the "Advanced" tab.
- Set incoming e-mail to 993.
- Set outgoing e-mail to 465.
- Set Use following type encrypted connection to SSL.
- Choose the tab "Server for outgoing e-mail".
- Check "Server for outgoing e-mail (SMTP) requires authentication".
- Choose "Use same settings as server for incoming e-mail".
- Click OK twice.
Your account settings are tested.
- Click "Finish". You're almost done.
- Click "Account Settings" under Information in the File tab.
- Select your new account.
- Click "Change…" in the E-mail tab.
- Choose the "Sent items" tab.
- Choose "Save sent items in the following folder on the server:" Sent.
- Choose the "Deleted items" tab.
- Choose "Move sent items to the following folder on the server:" Trash.
- Press OK.
We hope that went okay. If you are having trouble you can try deleting your account, and adding it again. If it's still not working correctly we can safely recommend that you use our webmail, which does not require any setup. Good luck!