Outlook 2013 setup
This guide assumes that you know your email address and password. To find these, you must log in to My page, where you will find your email addresses under Altibox self service. Good luck!
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2013.
- Click "Add Account" under Information in the File tab.
- Choose "Manual setup or more server types".
- Enter your full name.
- Enter your e-mail address.
- Lyse recommends IMAP as account type.
- Set the server for incoming e-mail to pop.altibox.no (this also works as IMAP even though 'pop' is included in the address).
- Set the server for outgoing e-mail to smtp.altibox.no.
- Enter your email address as the user name.
- Enter your password.
- Check "Remember password" if you don't want to enter it every time you read e-mail.
- Choose "More settings…" before clicking Next!
- Choose the "Server for outgoing e-mail" tab.
- Switch on "Server for outgoing e-mail (SMTP) requires authentication".
- Choose "Use same settings as server for incoming e-mail".
- Select the "Advanced" tab.
- Set "Incoming e-mail (IMAP)" to 993.
- Set "Outgoing e-mail (SMTP)" to 465.
- Use SSL for both incoming and outgoing.
- Set "Path to root folder" to INBOX.
- Click «Close».
- Click «Next» og «Finish».
- Finally click «Close».
We hope that went okay. If you experience problems, you can try deleting your account, and adding it again. If it's still not working correctly we can safely recommend that you use our webmail, which does not require any setup. Good luck!